Manager, Communications and Programs
Are you an established communications professional who enjoys developing effective messaging? Are you a person who enjoys building and maintaining strong partnerships? Are you passionate about the hospitality and visitor industries? The Hotel Council of San Francisco is looking for a person who thrives in a membership driven organization and genuinely enjoys building and maintaining relationships. This position is full time and based in our office on Union Square.
The Hotel Council of San Francisco was established in 1987 as a non-profit organization to represent all segments of the lodging industry and serves as the voice of the Hotel Industry. Our membership roster includes San Francisco’s leading hotels of all sizes, in addition to more than 80 Allied Members, who are the major suppliers to these properties.
The Manager, Communications and Programs, is responsible for managing and implementing the Hotel Council’s communication plan to our members and the community in print and online. The Manager is also responsible for the development and implementation of long-term partnerships between the Hotel Council and public and non-profit organizations. This role includes independently strategizing and improving communications, forging partnerships and developing educational programs. This position requires regularly exercising independent discretion and judgment to successfully manage and implement the key responsibilities of this role.
Essential Job Functions:
• Partner with various City and County of San Francisco departments, including the SFMTA, Department of the Environment, Office of Economic and Workforce Development, and Emergency Management on developing effective relationships and educational programs for Hotel Council Members.
• Manage and implement a communication strategy for the Hotel Council to efficiently and effectively use the website, newsletters and social media.
• Manage education partnerships in San Francisco, including CCSF, SFSU, USF and the SFUSD Academy of Hospitality and Tourism and the Hotel and Restaurant Foundation.
• Manage the Hotel Council Sustainability Committee, sustainability programs, and related seminars for members and community partners.
• Partner with community organizations to ensure all industry-relevant information and programs are effectively communicated to our members.
• Manage all community related programs including partnerships between the Hotel Council and Non-Profit organizations including Project Homeless Connect and the Hotel Non-Profit Collaborative.
• Collaborate with Associate Director to ensure all communications efforts are consistent and coordinated across the organization.
• Maintains professional, friendly and collaborative relationships with all Hotel Council members and partner organizations.
The requirements listed below are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
• Demonstrated passion for the hospitality and/or tourism industries
• Exceptional communications skills and experience
• Significant experience with partnership development between public, private and non-profit organizations
• Excellent computer skills including experience with web-based programs including WordPress.
• Significant experience with Social Media Platforms
• Exceptional diplomacy skills
• Ability to work independently
• Experience working with the City of San Francisco and/or non-profit organizations
• Experience working with a high-level Board of Directors
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, MailChimp and InDesign
• Experience in membership-based organization and/or Hospitality Industry
• Experience in the field of disaster preparedness and response
• Experience working in the field of sustainability
• Experience in the field of workforce development
• Bachelor’s Degree: preferably in Business, Hospitality, Communications or a related field
We offer a competitive salary and paid benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401k.
Applicants should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing how their background and interests relate to this position. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. Email cover letter and resume with “Manager, Programs and Communications” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.