The Marketing Committee promotes the Hotel Council’s mission. The Committee is expected to assist with Hotel Council industry collaborations, fundraising drives, and developing industry-related events and seminars.
The Marketing Committee also plans annual events and monthly seminars. Specific event planning committees are made up of hotel members and allied members. Committee meetings are held based on need and can vary from once a month to once a week. For a calendar of events, click here.
Annual Events include:
- Hotel Hero Awards Gala
- Annual Charity Golf Tournament
Past Networking Luncheons included keynote speakers, such as:
- Willie L. Brown Jr., Former Mayor of the City and County of San Francisco
- Larry Baer, President and CEO of the San Francisco Giants
- Chip Conley, Founder of Joie de Vivre Hospitality
- Pat Gallagher, Superbowl 50 Host Committee EVP of Marketing, Partnerships, and Communications
- Dana Volmer, Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer
Past Seminars include:
- Economic Forecasting
- Women Leaders in Hospitality
- Sales Negotiation
- Food, Beverage, and Travel Trends
- Public Relations and Marketing for Hotels and Businesses
- Human Resources Laws
- Maximizing the Benefits of Technology in Hospitality
In 2012, the Hotel Council of San invited its members to propose a bi-annual fundraising plan to benefit a non-profit charitable program or organization. The Marketing Committee selects the program or organization and leads fundraising efforts.
Previous Charitable Giving Campaigns include:
2014 Hotels with a Heart Campaign
The Hotel Council of San Francisco fundraised for the American Heart Association to bring awareness to heart disease, the #1 killer of women in the United States. With creative fundraising strategies, like pie-throwing contests and denim Fridays, this campaign raised over $100,000. The campaign closed with a luncheon featuring keynote speaker, Gold Medal Olympian, Dana Volmer, who faced heart disease since childhood.
2012 Million Dollar Mission Campaign
Over $400,000 was raised in 30-days to provide financial, educational, and social services for individuals and their families affected by blood cancer.
If you are interested in joining this committee, please contact Kelly Powers.